The Chief Minister of Odisha has initiated the Odisha Mo Ghara Yojana Biju Pakka Ghar , aimed at providing pucca houses to residents of the state who are unable to afford their own homes. This scheme intends to offer financial assistance to individuals who are unable to construct their houses independently. The objective is to ensure that every citizen has access to a proper and durable dwelling. The Odisha Biju Pakka Ghar Yojana aims to uplift the living conditions of those in need by facilitating the construction of secure and sustainable homes for them.
The Odisha government is dedicated to providing pucca houses to individuals living without proper housing or in kutcha houses in rural areas. To accomplish this objective, the Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department has implemented several schemes. These schemes are designed to address the housing needs of the rural population and ensure they have access to safe and durable homes. Through these initiatives, the government aims to uplift the living standards and quality of life for those in need by offering them secure and permanent housing solutions
Mo Ghara Yojana List Overview
|Scheme Name||Biju Pakka Ghar Yojana|
|Launched By||Odisha State Government|
|Beneficiaries||Poor BPL Families|
|Objective||Providing Pucca Houses|
Mo Ghara Yojana List Biju Pakka Ghar
The Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana (BPGY) is the flagship program of the state. It was introduced in the fiscal year 2014-15, replacing the previous “MO-KUDIA YOJANA.” The primary goal of the scheme is to convert all kutcha houses into pucca houses, ensuring improved living conditions for the beneficiaries.
The BPGY comprises two components:
- BPGY (Normal): This component focuses on providing financial assistance and support to eligible households for the construction of pucca houses.
- BPGY (Special): Under this component, additional financial aid is provided to particularly vulnerable and marginalized groups, including scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, and beneficiaries from economically weaker sections, to help them build pucca houses.
Through these components, the Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana aims to uplift the living standards and housing conditions of the people in Odisha.
Instalment Amount in the Scheme
Under the Rhodisha.gov.in Rural Housing Scheme Odisha, the following list outlines the installment amounts provided to beneficiaries for constructing pucca houses:
|Instalment||Level||IAP District Amount||Non-IAP District Amount|
|1st||On the date of issuance of work order||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 20,000|
|2nd||On completion up to the lintel level||Rs. 35,000||Rs. 30,000|
|3rd||On Completion of up to roof level||Rs. 45,000||Rs. 40,000|
|4th||After completion of the house in all respects including the sanitary latrine and beneficiary starts living in the house.||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 30,000|
|Total||Rs. 1,30,000||Rs. 1,20,000|
Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana
- Incentive to the beneficiaries, officials & CBOs/NGOs involved in the implementation of Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (Gramin) or any other State funded Rural Housing Schemes for early completion of house.
- For completion of house and IHHL within 4 months of receipt of 1st installment, incentive of Rs. 20,000/- will be paid to the beneficiary.
- For completion of house and IHHL within 6 months of receipt of 1st installment, incentive of Rs. 10,000/- will be paid to the beneficiary.
- Award for Excellence in rural housing to State/District/Block teams and officials involved for implementation. The eligibility, type, category of the awards and other modalities shall be decided by the Department from time to time.
- Preparation of IEC material.
- Imparting habitat and housing literacy to beneficiaries.
- Payment of honorarium/incentives to SHGs/CRPs & CBOs for facilitating construction of Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana Houses.
- Training of officials.
- Cost of engraved logo of Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana to be installed by the beneficiaries.
- Others, with approval of PR & DW Department.