Pooled Quota Wait List tickets are abbreviated as PQWL, and they are utilized by multiple small stations that share a common pool. A pooled quota is assigned to each journey that includes all passengers traveling between the origin and any station prior to the destination, between any two intermediate stations, or between any two intermediate stations and the final destination.
In order for you to fully comprehend the Pooled Quota (PQ) or Pooled Quota Wait List (PQWL), it is essential to provide a brief overview of all the waiting list quotas that exist within the Indian Railways.
Pooled Quota Wait List
Pooled Quota Wait List (PQWL) is a type of waiting list ticket available for Indian Railways passengers. It is used for smaller stations that share a common pool of reservations. The PQWL system is designed to allow passengers to book tickets from stations that have fewer available seats, by allowing them to pool their tickets with those from other smaller stations.
The PQWL system works by creating a pooled quota for each journey, which covers all passengers traveling between the origin and any station prior to the destination, between any two intermediate stations, or between any two intermediate stations and the final destination. If there are any available seats left after the final chart is prepared, these seats are then allocated to the PQWL passengers on a first-come, first-served basis.
One of the advantages of the PQWL system is that it allows passengers to book tickets from smaller stations that might not have enough demand to warrant their own dedicated quota. However, because the number of seats available under the PQWL system is limited, there is always a risk that passengers may not get a confirmed seat, especially during peak travel periods.
Pooled Quota Waiting List
- A Pooled Quota Waiting List (PQWL) is shared by several small stations.
- Pooled Quotas normally operate only from the originating station of a route, and there is only one Pooled Quota for the entire run.
- The Pooled Quota is generally allotted for passengers travelling from the originating station to a station short of the terminating station, or from an intermediate station to the terminating station, or between two intermediate stations.
- Pooled Quota Wait List ( Can not travel if booked online ).
- It gets automatically cancelled on chart preparation & Refund will be automatically credited in Bank Account in 3 to 7 days.
IRCTC Trains Cancellation and Refund Rules PDF
Download cancellation and refund rules for IRCTC Trains pdf from below link.